Devil's Slide Coast - from Mori Point to Pillar Point
Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) - Rancho Corral de Tierra became the newest addition to GGNRA in December 2011. The 3800-acre Rancho is one of the largest swaths of undeveloped land on the SF peninsula.
Midcoast Parks Forum presentations: 2016 & 2015
GGNRA San Mateo County Vision 2014-2016
Rancho history - Trail Map
Parks Conservancy, non-profit partner of GGNRA
State Parks: Almost the entire Montara coastline, from Gray Whale Cove to Pt Montara Lighthouse is state parkland (map). San Mateo Coast Sector Office is at Half Moon Bay State Beach: 726-8819.
Gray Whale Cove State Beach
Montara State Beach includes Montara Mtn/ McNee Ranch
McNee Ranch hikes - map - unofficial page
San Mateo Coast State Parks Volunteer Study Guide
Point Montara Lighthouse Hostel
County Harbor District: Pillar Point Harbor
--boat launch ramps, fishing pier, beaches, Coastal Trail, West Shoreline Trail.
Granada Community Services District (GCSD) obtained parks powers in 2014. The District owns Burnham Strip.
Recreation Programs & Facilities
Boys and Girls Club
Cabrillo Unified School District: playfields
Half Moon Bay Parks/Rec: community center, playfields
Sheriff's Activities League (SAL)
California State Parks Foundation
Coastside Land Trust
Coastside State Parks Association
Friends of Fitzgerald Marine Reserve
Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
Midcoast Park Lands & Friends of Quarry Park
San Mateo County Parks Foundation
Sierra Club, Loma Prieta Chapter
Surfrider Foundation - San Mateo County
San Mateo County Parks website
Natural Resource Management webpage
County's Midcoast Park District is headquartered at San Pedro Valley Park. 650-355-8289
County Parks presentatons at MCC: 2016 - 2015 - 2014 - 2013 - 2012 - 2010.
- Fitzgeral Marine Reserve. More info at MCC FMR Page.
- Pillar Point Bluff & Marsh (part of FMR) - 2 bluff parcels acquired from POST in 2011 contain the Jean Lauer Trail. Pillar Point Marsh was acquired in 1997.
- Mirada Surf - acquired 2002; Coastal Trail 2009; restroom installation at Magellan 2014.
- Quarry Park - acquired from Midcoast Park Lands 2008; playground improvements 2011, parking lot 2012. Wicklow property added 2014.
- Moss Beach Park - neighborhood park/playground built by volunteers in 2004, acquired by County in 2013 at request of community. Extenstive improvements constructed spring 2015.
- Devil's Slide Coastal Trail & County Park, converted from the former highway, opened to the public in March 2014.
- California Coastal Trail (CCT) - County Parks is the lead agency for the completion of the CCT in the Midcoast.
County Parks 2007 Midcoast Action Plan projects are funded by Midcoast Park Development Fees. The fee, established in 2003, on all new and remodel construction, is to be used for Midcoast parkland development and improvements - not operations and maintenance. Midcoast Parks Development Fund income/expenditures report thru 2012.
Reports & Plans
2010 CA Coastal Trail - Pillar Point to Mirada Surf
2007 Midcoast Action Plan for Parks & Recreation
2007 Recreation Needs Assessment Update: Summary - Montara - MossBeach - ElGranada - Princeton/Miramar
2002 Midcoast Recreational Needs Assessment
2002 Fitzgerald Marine Reserve Master Plan
Community Wildfire Protection Plan 2010
Invasive Weeds pamphlet - San Mateo County
Don’t Plant a Pest! – alternatives for invasive garden plants for Bay Area
Avoiding Invasive Plants in CA Landscaping
Vegetation Management Guidelines, SMC Parks 2006
Weed Workers' Handbook
CA Invasive Plant Council (Cal-IPC)