The San Mateo County Website links to all aspects of county government. The unincorporated Midcoast also looks to the County to fill the role of city government departments of planning, building, parks, and public works. The County Board of Supervisors fills the role of City Council for the Midcoast.
Board of Supervisors - Agendas
Zoning Hearing Officer
Coastside Design Review Committee
Online Permit Center - parcel & permit info
Online GIS System - graphic map interface to parcels and related information.
Resource Conservation District (RCD) is a non-regulatory public benefit district to help people protect, conserve, and restore natural resources through information, education, and technical assistance programs.
Department of Public Works (DPW)
- Road maintenance: 363-4103 - report potholes, missing/damaged street signs, hazardous sidewalks.
- DPW permit desk: 363-1821 or 1822 Any planting in the right of way requires a permit.
- Graffiti abatement: 312-5310
- Code Compliance 363-4825 - report junk/abandoned cars
- Lighting district: 599-1407 - report street lights burned out - give location & pole #.
Right-of-Way Maintenance Guide
Street Tree Maintenance
Midcoast Road Standards
2004 Midcoast Road Standards Q&A
2003 DPW letter to MCC re Midcoast road improvements
2002 DPW/MCC meeting re Midcoast roads & drainage
2002 DPW letter to MCC re Midcoast road & drainage projects
1994 Midcoast Community Plan Amendment – road standards
1994 Ordinance 03606 – establishing policies related to road improvements in the County Midcoast area
1994 Resolution 58718 – approving amendments to LCP and General Plan to revise Midcoast road policies and standards
1994 Midcoast Road Standards typical cross section